The United Soccer League (USL) officially unveiled its vision for the future of the league’s Academy system with the inaugural season planned for 2021.
The Queensboro FC Academy that will play in the USL Academy League is the central piece of the United Soccer League’s player development model. It is a first of its kind, pre-professional league that will align with the United States’ professional calendar, complement existing local youth organizations and allow participants extensive access to the Queensboro FC First Team. Its goal will be to provide new professional pathways for both new and previously overlooked talent.
For more information on the USL Academy League click here
There will be seven regional divisions in the USL Academy League:
Northeast, Atlantic, Southeast, Florida, East Central, South Central and Southwest.
The clubs set to compete in the Northeast Division of the inaugural USL Academy League are as follows:
• Black Rock FC: Lake Placid, NY (USL League Two)
• Boston Bolts: Boston, MA (USL League Two)
• Cedar Stars Academy: South Hackensack, NJ (USL League Two)
• FA Euro New York: New York, NY (USL League Two)
• Hartford Athletic (USL Championship)
• AC Connecticut (USL League Two)
• Ironbound SC: Newark, NJ (Part of the New York Red Bulls’ player pathway)
• Long Island Rough Riders: Long Island, NY (USL League Two)
• Morris Elite: Madison, NJ (USL League Two)
• Queensboro FC: New York, NY (USL Championship)
• Seacoast United: Portsmouth, NH (USL League Two)
• Westchester Flames: Westchester, NY (USL League Two)
• Western Mass Pioneers: Ludlow, MA (USL League Two)